Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Yearly Entry

So it seems I only write a post once year. There was once a time, on MySpace I would blog up to 4 times a day. I used to love to write about the meaningless events of my life. I have Twitter for that now. But Once YouTube along and pretty much ended the steading writing online. I just remembered I had this account while watching Glee tonight and felt inspired to write something because I'm on the verge of something big...at least, I think so.

Ten years ago during a one-year break between the two colleges i attended I did two things. I joined a gym for the first time and I also completed two screenplays. Both events kinda went nowhere. Although the bathroom scale in the those 10 years have basically seen the same 70 lbs come and go and come and go...the screenplay writing took a major back seat due to life, family illnesses and just plain laziness, not to mention, procrastination and an unsettling comfort level with the mediocre jobs I've held since college. By the end of this Labor day weekend, i expect to complete my first screenplay in the last 10 years. COMPLETE!!! This is a pretty big freakin' deal and hopefully the first of many scripts to be finished. I have several others that are 10-40 percent range of completion. I found it best to just stick with one story and finish it rather than jumping from script to script. This process seems to work best for me.

So wish me luck and in the next coming months....maybe a movie with my name on it maybe coming to a theater near you.

No comments: